Each month we will have a blog post spotlighting individuals from the ambulatory division. Spotlighting employees will be an opportunity for other individuals from different departments/areas to meet and learn about others.
For the month of November please meet Felicia Garay, Patricia Jones, and Dr. George Carayannopoulos
League City Urgent Care
Best Vacation: Disney World
About me/my family: I have four kids and one grandson
What do you like most about working at UTMB: I like working in pediatrics, my little patients
My pets: I have one dog named Emmy
What is one thing you couldn’t live without: My kids
Training Specialist II
Ambulatory Training and Development
- About me/my family: Our family is very close and we spend as much time together as possible. My fabulous husband Robert is a workout fanatic who inspires me to go to the gym and stay in shape. My 22 year old daughter Macey is going to college to be a radiologist. Macey has her own place but shows up for meals and church on a regular basis. My son Austin is a Junior at Clear Creek High School focusing on Engineering, his career aspiration. His sport of choice is water polo and we enjoy watching his team kick butt!
My pets: I have a crazy little pound hound I adopted from League City Animal Shelter many years ago. We aren’t sure what kind of dog she is but she runs like a Greyhound, hunts like a Beagle and shivers like a Chihuahua. Her favorite place is as close as possible to her people.
- What do you like most about working at UTMB? The team I work with on a daily basis is phenomenal. Since merging QA & IT staff with the Training group, we have a greater understanding and impact on meeting the needs of our customers, clinic staff. I thoroughly enjoy meeting all of our new hires and teaching them EPIC and the UTMB process.
- What are your hobbies and interests? I love everything related to nature, plants, wildlife and water. My love of nature and gardening has resulted in a plant collectors’ jungle garden paradise in my back yard. I believe if you have weeds, you don’t have enough plants to crowd them out and should add more!
- Best Vacation: We were lucky enough to have our children and parents with us for a Costa Rican adventure that included toucans, monkeys, sloths, iguanas and white water rafting. Sitting on your vacation porch with morning coffee, watching the monkeys swing through the trees is an experience I highly recommend.
Dr. George Carayannopoulos
Internal Medicine-Cardiology, Electrophysiologist
- About me/my family: My wife and I recently became proud parents of a beautiful baby girl that was B.O.I. (Born on Island) at UTMB!
- What do you like most about working at UTMB? The people I get to work with.
- What is one thing you couldn’t live without? My family.
- Best Vacation: Greece
- Best advice I can give… be honest, forgive, and pray.