Each month we will have a blog post spotlighting individuals from the ambulatory division. Spotlighting employees will be an opportunity for other individuals from different departments/areas to meet and learn about others.
For the month of October please meet Dr. Marco Vizzeri, Dr. Edythe Harvey, and Donna Singleton
Dr. Marco Vizzeri
- One thing most people don’t know about me: I travelled Europe in the ‘90s as a juggler and street performer
- Favorite TV Show: Food Network Star. My chef friend, since childhood, Luca Della Casa, finished second this year!
- What is one thing you couldn’t live without? My espresso shot in the mornings
- I wish I knew how to…. Be ubiquitous!
- Best advice I can give… Three words from my ancestors, “Dulcius ex asperis” (in English it means “sweeter after difficulty”). Overcoming major challenges are always more rewarding than a goal achieved without difficulty.
Dr. Edythe Harvey
Psychiatry, Adult & Substance Abuse
- What do you like most about working at UTMB? The people make this place! They are caring and friendly plus it’s where I was born.
- One thing most people don’t know about me: I use to be a professional ski instructor.
- What are your hobbies and interests? Walking/hiking with my husband, kayaking and working jigsaw puzzles.
- I wish I knew how to….weld.
- Best advice I can give….Wherever you are, act like this is where you will be for the rest of your life. You will learn more and develop more meaningful relationships.
Patient Services Specialist I
PCP Family Medicine
- About me/my family: I am a mother of two sons ages 19 and 24.
- Favorite TV Show: Tyler Perry’s The Have and Have Nots. I enjoy watching a good drama.
- Best vacation: In 2012 I took a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada.
- I wish I knew how to… play the piano and organ.
- Best advice I can give….is enjoy each day you are blessed to see. Follow your dreams, love, laugh as often as you can. Never give up on your dreams, even if times are tough just believe that you can make it.