EAC council members met with Executive Leadership on April 8, 2013, recognized new officers and outgoing members, and discussed goals for the coming year. Goals for 2013 remain the same as in 2012.
• Continue to improve communication between EAC and stakeholders.
- EAC facilitated questions asked of leadership at Town Hall and Mondays in March sessions.
- Ad hoc committee established to develop a log-in system for questions posted to EAC blog to track and assess follow-up.
– Logged 39 concerns from February 11, 2013 to March 20, 2013.
- EAC supports as many UTMB functions and initiatives as possible.
- EAC plans to host a survey in Fall 2013 to generate data to compare to our prior 2010 survey and set the course for 2014.
- New Employee packet from EAC includes letter from Dr. Callender and Amineh welcoming new employees and making them aware of EAC.
• Increase accessibility of EAC representatives to be utilized institutionally for focus groups, beta testing, and process improvements.
- EAC initiated “Engage and Chat’’ sessions with employees at several UTMB sites, including:
– Access Center triage nurses in Clear Lake Center
– Access Center Call Center staff in Clear Lake.
– Primary Care Pavilion staff.
– Dominguez State Jail in San Antonio
- “Open Access’’ sessions with Dr. Callender were initiated after communication from EAC members; EAC representatives attend most sessions.
• Develop and implement programs and/or initiatives to improve employee morale.
- UTMB will host its first UT System EAC Meeting on the Galveston campus on Sept. 26, 2013. Dr. Callender will address the EAC representatives from the UT System institutions.
- On December 6, 2012, UT System designated the second Friday in November as UT System Recognition Day. EAC plans to work with Leadership and HR, as well as UT System EAC, to celebrate this event.
• Collaborate with Leadership to define the process and procedure for triage and resolution of issues.
- Human Resources used EAC help to recruit focus group participants for You Count.
- EAC representatives participated in Focus Groups on several issues, including campus signage, You Count, and new compensation structure.
• Unite with other UTMB groups and departments to work together to work wonders.
- EAC popped popcorn to give out at each Monday in March session.
- EAC will assist with upcoming events including Earth Day and Employee Service Awards.
- EAC council members sponsored a holiday/birthday party for the Pedi unit at John Sealy Hospital on Dec. 13, 2012.