The first Town Hall of 2014 will be held at noon Friday, Feb. 14, in Levin Hall Auditorium. UTMB President Dr. David Callender will provide updates on UTMB’s financial health, construction progress, communication plans and actions in response to the latest employee survey. He’ll talk about strategic thinking in a changing health care landscape, with a focus on marketing targeted patient services and fostering employee engagement.
The meeting will include Q&A. Refreshments will be available after the meeting.
If you’d like to submit a question in advance to be read at the meeting (your name will not be used), see the options below. If time constraints do not allow every question to be asked at the meeting, Dr. Callender will be available after Town Hall to answer questions individually. And questions and answers will be posted to the Town Hall website.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Use this option to email questions during the meeting if you can’t attend in person.)
- Click on the “Submit a Question” link on the Town Hall website.
- Send a message via the Employee Advisory Council online form (option to remain anonymous).
- Send a confidential note via interoffice mail addressed to “Talk of the Town,” Route 0149. From off-campus: UTMB Talk of the Town, 301 University Blvd., Galveston, TX 77555-0149.
Town Hall viewing options:
- Town Hall will be broadcast live on campus TV Channel 53; a signal of the meeting is sent to many remote sites (such as RMCH telehealth locations) via the Information Services Video Operations network.
- A live webcast will be offered and will be available using Apple Quicktime stream – (*Note: Quicktime player is required.) Check this site approximately 30 minutes before the meeting for an active link to the webcast.
- CMC participants can view online using a PC and this Media Windows link. To view the meeting using an existing DMS video conference room system, remote locations must RSVP to Veronica Pleasant at email@example.com or the ISVO Control Room at (409) 747-9037 to ensure and confirm video connectivity for the actual event.
- The Town Hall meeting and a brief video summary will be posted on the Town Hall website within a week following the meeting. For more information, contact Marketing and Communications at (409) 772-2618.