Set the agenda and preside at all meetings of the Council;
- Chair the Executive Committee;
- Ensure the order of business is carried out unless the order of business is altered by an action approved in the meeting. Order of business includes: 1) call the meeting to order; 2) approval of previous meeting’s minutes; 3) committee reports; 4) unfinished business; 5) new business; 6) miscellaneous (comments, announcements, tributes, etc.); 7) adjournment;
- Contact EAC Council members after two consecutive absences;
- Refer all matters submitted for the Council’s attention to the appropriate committee(s) and/or to the President;
- Maintain and update a calendar of events relevant to the Council for the coming year;
- Prepare a written annual report of the past year’s activities and progress, making it available to all members of the Council prior to the September meeting;
- Serve as ex-officio member of all Council committees;
- Serve as liaison to the President of UTMB, keeping the President informed regarding concerns of the Council and seeking the President’s support and advice, on behalf of the Council;
- Attend UTMB Strategic Executive Council meetings;
- Serve as representative of the UT System EAC;
- Attend Campus events, when possible, and meetings as requested by the Office of the President.
Past Chair – Amineh Baradar (Institutional Support)
- The Past Chair will serve on the EAC in an advisory role with no voting privileges.
Vice Chair – Susanne Johnston (Academic Enterprise)
- Preside over the Council in the absence of the Chair;
- Assist the Chair in performing leadership responsibilities;
- Call a meeting of any committee that is not fulfilling its responsibilities;
- Make, and distribute yearly, immediately following appointments, a list of Council committees and their members to all Council members;
- Serve as parliamentary authority; make sure rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order govern the Council and its committees.
Vice Chair-Operations – Frank Valiulis (Institutional Support)
- Responsible for scheduling meeting dates and securing locations for each meeting;
- Responsible for recording Council members’ attendance and advising the EAC Chair of any member who has two consecutive absences;
- Record meeting minutes and files for retention on EAC iSpace folder;
- Responsible for maintaining the budget aspects of the Council in conjunction with the EAC Chair.
Vice Chair-Communications – Janet Gonzalez (Correctional Managed Care)
- Responsible for managing/updating EAC website/blog;
- Responsible for contacting IS for video connections for remote members and open meetings.
Debbie Conley & Mary Ann Hellinghausen are non-voting members who serve as support and advisory to the council.