Recently, on the Facebook app for iPhone, something called Photos Taken Here appeared. The photos have been tagged to UTMB’s page, but we are not able to hide or delete them. (After an iPhone operating system and Facebook app update, they briefly disappeared only to reappear days later.)
We worked quickly with IS, Legal and Compliance to draft disclaimer text to address this matter in the “About” section of UTMB Health’s Facebook page. In addition to general info. about our history and how to make an appointment, there are now posting guidelines and disclaimer text (below). See entire “About” at https://www.facebook.com/UTMB.edu/info .
Other official UTMB Health Facebook pages may use this text as well.
Regarding UTMB Health’s Facebook page
UTMB Health wants to provide a friendly, informative and engaging community for our Facebook followers, and we encourage you to comment and share your opinions and stories in a courteous and respectful manner.
Keep in mind that once you post something online, it may be read by thousands of others in our online community and beyond.
Therefore, we encourage everyone to use caution when sharing any personal information, and not to post medical information, clinical images or other sensitive content on our Facebook page or any of our other social media sites.
For your own privacy and protection, we encourage you not to share information such as your medical record number, financial information or any other information that you and/or your friends and relatives would not want strangers to know. Similarly, you should not post private, personal or sensitive information belonging to or about any other person or organization.
To maintain a positive and productive online community, please do not:
• Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
• Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by UTMB Health in its sole discretion.
• Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
• Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
• Impersonate another person.
• Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
• Post the same comment more than once or “spam.”
Likes and Links
Please be aware that the “likes” of and links to websites and Facebook fan pages belonging to other people and other organizations:
• do not constitute UTMB Health’s official or global endorsement of such people or organizations or of any products, services or publications offered by such people and organizations,
• do not signify UTMB Health’s agreement with or support of all information, views and opinions expressed by these people and organizations, and
• do not necessarily reflect UTMB Health’s official views.
Images, Location Services and Tagging
Please be aware that personal photos taken at and/or tagged to “UTMB” via location services and other location-based features may automatically be associated with UTMB’s page by Facebook, and appear/be available to the public via this page—UTMB has no control over this. Please be advised of this issue and review your Facebook privacy and photo management settings. Your privacy is important to us.
By using this site, you agree to these terms and agree that you will indemnify UTMB Health against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted on this site.