Your boss thinks you’re a big deal. . . Your customers think you’re a big deal. . .Let’s make it official
Introducing the IS GEM program, where we recognize Going the Extra Mile!!!
As Todd always says, with an ever-increasing technological demand, there are so many amazing things happening in IS, it is hard to list them all! Let’s start trying by creating a culture of recognition and appreciation. We know every area here is working hard. This is a way for peer to peer appreciation to occur, and it will allow leadership to monitor all the wonderful activities.
How does it work?
- Use the UTMB GEM program by sending and receiving e-GEMs (http://www.utmb.edu/gem/e_card/eGEM_card.htm).
- If you receive a paper GEM, you, as the recipient, will be responsible for typing it as an e-GEM.
- IS will be using the e-GEM database to retrieve a report of all IS employees and contractors.
- Every single GEM received counts toward IS GEM prizes!
- The UTMB GEM program is separate and rules still apply for HR’s program. Click here for details.
When does it start?
September 1st, 2014
- Monthly awards
- 4 entries will be awarded $25 randomly
- Todd will announce the 8 winners bi-monthly at the All Staff Department meeting
- Yearly award
- 2 people will win $250 each.
- Staff Advisory Council meets bi-monthly to review all GEM cards and rank entries. This will continue monthly until December. The Council will ultimately pick the top two GEM cards as the annual winners. The presentation will be done at the Christmas Social and the GEM cards will be read aloud to the department.
- Your GEM must be submitted to the e-GEM website between the beginning and ending of that month to count. For example, September drawings will be pulled from e-GEMs submitted between 9/1/14 and 9/30/14
- Keep it simple! We are working on goodwill and positivity.
Information regarding the program will be stored at the IS Water Cooler (http://blogs.utmb.edu/watercooler/ )