We welcome and encourage your comments and feedback on The University of Texas Medical Branch’s (UTMB Health’s) Working Wonders blog, http://blogs.utmb.edu/wonders. We try our best to respond to every comment. However, in compliance with HIPAA guidelines and applicable state regulations, as well as our dedication to providing the highest quality care, we cannot give specific medical advice based on the content of your comments or posts.
Comments are moderated before they are approved for posting on our blogs. We will not approve comments that use profanity or abusive language, promote a product, or are off-topic.
Comments that are submitted with a first and last name and include personal medical history or other personal health information may be edited to remove details that could allow others to identify the individual commenting. We do this to protect your privacy. By submitting information/comments on our blogs, you expressly waive your right to any claims against UTMB Health or any UTMB affiliate for breach of privacy or confidentiality of personal health information.
We may use your email address to contact you directly for more information, or to direct you in how to contact us for more help. We will not sell or divulge your contact information to any other organization unless required to by law, nor will we use it for any other purpose without your permission.
By posting any comments, posts or other content, or by participating in live chat on UTMB Health-sponsored blogs, you give UTMB Health the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by UTMB Health in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same comment more than once or “spam.”
UTMB Health reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
- Remove chat participants who violate any terms listed above.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify UTMB Health against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted on this website.