Dear Region 2,
HHSC has sent the following clarification email. As always, should you have any specific questions about what is known on the Transition Year so far, please contact our office and we will do our best to help you resolve the concern.
We have received questions regarding the projects under review results and wanted to clarify the following:
- HHSC reviewed a limited number of projects. These projects scored a 4 or 5 in the midpoint assessment; have a DY5 Category 1 or 2 valuation over $5 million; were flagged by HHSC staff during reporting review or change request review; did not report achievement of any Category 1 or 2 metrics during April DY4 or October DY4 reporting; or were from a removed Project Area (2.4, 2.5, 2.8, and 1.10 unless it is a learning collaborative projects) and had one of the other flags. HHSC notified the providers of projects under review in July and August 2015.
- Other projects from removed Project Areas (2.4, 2.5, 2.8, and 1.10 unless it is a learning collaborative project) that were not listed in the email results may continue in DY6 based on DY6 Transition Year requirements but will be required to submit a replacement project to begin in DY7 up to the same valuation as the previous project with a maximum of $5M per DY from the extension menu, contingent on CMS approval.
- Remaining active projects not included in HHSC review may continue in DY6 based on DY6 Transition Year requirements at DY5 valuation.
- HHSC has not fully defined the requirements for DY7 onward, including replacement projects or continuing valuation. We will continue to work with stakeholders and CMS throughout DY5 and DY6 to finalize the requirements.
- If a project was indicated only as “eligible to continue in DY6 based on DY6 Transition Year requirements”, then no further action is needed at this time.
- The requested changes noted in the email results are for implementation in DY6 unless noted as required changes for DY7.
Please let us know if there are other common questions that need to be addressed.
Healthcare Transformation Waiver Operations
Texas Health and Human Services Commission