Good afternoon Region 2,
Please see the email below for the latest Anchor update received from HHSC. HHSC has set a tentative date of February 8th for their webinar to review the provider template(s) for the Regional Plan submission; be on the lookout for more details. In addition, RHP 2 will utilize its February Learning Collaborative call to focus on the requirements to complete the provider portion(s) of the regional plan template submission. This will occur on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 10:00-11:30. Please forward the call in/dial in information for our regional supplemental webinar to anyone in your organization that you want to have involved in the completion of your provider template.
For February 13th 10:00-11:30:
Dial In: 877.226.9790
Log In: https://www.webmeeting.att.com
Meeting Number: 8772269790
Susan Seidensticker, BSIE, MSHAI, CPHQ, CSSBB, PMP
Director, Waiver Quality Operations
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
Shearn Moody, 9th Floor
From: HHSC Texas Healthcare Transformation and Quality Improvement Program [TXHealthcareTransformation@hhsc.state.tx.us]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 5:19 PM
Subject: 1/26/18 Anchor Update
Here are some updates for this week, some of which were covered on Tuesday’s call.
RHP Plan Update
• HHSC is working on finalizing the templates by Feb 5th along with a Companion Document.
• A webinar on the RHP Plan Update Template is tentatively scheduled for February 8th at 10:00am. The call-in information will be sent out once it’s available.
• The final due date for RHP Plan Update submission is April 30, 2018 even though the PFM indicates 90 days after protocol approval. Regions may submit earlier if they are able to. If the plan is submitted by February 28, 2018, then the providers in the region would be eligible to report Category C baselines and Category D in April.
• The RHP Plan Update includes an existing provider template, a new provider template, and an Anchor template. We do not need any information related to new providers or which providers received additional funds given that the template will allow entry of this information.
• The Anchor Template includes entry of UC-only information, the community needs assessment, the extension stakeholder forum, the learning collaborative plan, requirements for regions with additional funds, and checks whether the private hospital participation minimum is met.
• HHSC is targeting to provide initial feedback within a month of submission, approximately 2 weeks for providers to respond, and 2 weeks for HHSC to review and finalize. For the February submission, the provider responses will be required within 5 days. CMS will be provided a summary after all plans have been finalized.
Requirements for Stakeholder Engagement
• The PFM for DY6 requires “Once CMS and HHSC agree on the longer term extension, the Anchoring Entity will conduct an extension stakeholder engagement forum to promote collaboration in the next phase of the waiver and community goals. […] The Anchoring Entity will post a copy of the updated RHP Plan on the RHP’s website prior to the forum.”
• The requirement to provide opportunities for public input to the development of the plan and discussion and review of proposed plans prior to submission is also found in the extension STCs (STC 34(c)) (and is the same requirement from the original waiver STCs).
• The intent of this requirement was for RHPs to solicit stakeholder feedback prior to submitting the final updated RHP plan to HHSC. Since the timing of the extension approval and subsequent release of the RHP Plan Update template was delayed, but the projected date for plan submission was initially still January 2018, anchors requested the ability to hold stakeholder forums after plan submission. HHSC gave approval for holding a stakeholder forum after plan submission if needed for time constraints.
• Since HHSC has given that guidance, we will still allow stakeholder meetings to be held after plan submission, but a meeting should be held as soon as possible after submission. However, with an April 30, 2018 due date for the plan update we believe there should be ample opportunity to hold a stakeholder forum prior to submission of the plan.
• RHPs with additional funds are required to conduct at least two public stakeholder meetings to determine the uses for the additional funds (PFM Paragraph 31(c)(i)).
• Category 1 and 2 Round 4 reviews: out of 172 Metrics total in Round 4 sample, 24 reviews are deferred and 148 are in progress. MSLC let HHSC know that at least 5 providers are not being responsive to the requests. If nothing changes, HHSC will send out emails to these providers with cc to anchors. Three reviews are already completed.
• Category 3 review: out of 212 outcomes total in Round 3 sample, 32 deferred, and 180 are in the process of being reviewed. MSLC let HHSC know that at least 2 providers are not being responsive to the requests. If nothing changes, HHSC will send out emails to these providers with cc to anchors. Six reviews are already completed.
Attached is a file with some examples of Category C valuations using the rules in the approved protocols.
Information related to Category D reporting will be shared in the next update.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Have a nice weekend! Thanks,
Healthcare Transformation Waiver Operations
firstname.lastname@example.org | 512-462-6388