Good morning Region 2,
HHSC has issued the notes from the Anchor call last week. We would like to call attention to the following:
• HHSC’s online reporting tool is scheduled to be down for maintenance starting COB on Thursday March 1st, with functionality restored by Monday, March 5th. This will allow those performing providers with Harvey-related delays in DY6 October reporting to upload their responses by the Wednesday, February 28th deadline.
• For those performing providers that had a 3-month delay in a Myers & Stauffer (MSLC) compliance review, notifications that these are now set to begin went out last week. Please note the details in the emails sent directly to you by MSLC. No additional metrics have been added to the review list at this time.
• HHSC has promised an update to the Category B FAQ document, but as of this morning it is not yet available.
• Please note the highlighted section of the email below regarding which measures on the menu(s) are written as all-payor or Medicaid-only reporting (i.e., no need to provide justification to request that status for achievement).
The Anchor office has updated the webpage to provide you access to the updated Community Needs Assessment (https://www.utmb.edu/1115/) – this should support you in the development of your template for the regional plan submission. As a reminder, RHP 2 plans to host a Regional Meeting in Galveston on March 28th from 1:00-4:00; it is the intent to review the full regional plan submission at that time. To facilitate the completion of the full Regional Plan, please note that the Anchor office requests that you return your completed provider workbook to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Friday, March 9, 2018.
• To support our Regional Performing Providers, the Anchor team is available for technical assistance. If you would like to request an appointment, please utilize the following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PQVH9F8 – we will work to ensure that our office confirms your request ASAP.
Susan Seidensticker, BSIE, MSHAI, CPHQ, CSSBB, PMP
Director, Waiver Quality Operations
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
Shearn Moody, 9th Floor
From: HHSC Texas Healthcare Transformation and Quality Improvement Program [mailto:TXHealthcareTransformation@hhsc.state.tx.us]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 5:09 PM.
Subject: 2/23/18 Anchor Notes
Thank you for joining us on today’s call. The notes are attached. They were updated to reflect that the October DY6 NMI reporting results will be sent out on Monday 2/26 instead of today.
Also attached is the list of approved early payments for March 2018.
Based on questions during the call, we wanted to clarify that the unit of measurement in the specifications is correct that rates for all-payer, Medicaid, and uninsured will be reported. The difference as John mentioned on the call is that they are split out for different purposes. The MLIU (combined Medicaid and uninsured) rate is used for determining P4P achievement under the goal achievement milestones listed in the table below. For each reporting milestone, which is P4R, the all-payer, Medicaid-only, and LIU-only payer rates all must be reported.
P4P Measure – % of Category C Valuation
DY7 25% baseline reporting milestone
25% PY1 reporting milestone
50% DY7 goal achievement milestone
DY8 25% PY2 reporting milestone
75% DY8 goal achievement milestone
Under the Category C Selection tab in the RHP Plan Update template, the default is shown to be MLIU because that is the basis for payment of the goal achievement milestone. Providers may request exceptions to reporting the MLIU rate and request to report the all-payer, Medicaid-only, or LIU-only rate for the goal achievement milestone with good cause.
Under the Category C Additional Details tab in the RHP Plan Update template, providers may request exceptions to reporting the Medicaid-only or LIU-only rate for the reporting milestone with good cause. All measures require reporting of the all-payer rate for the reporting milestone. More instructions on the reporting milestone exceptions is on p. 22-23 of the RHP Plan Update Companion Document.
The specifications list specific measures that report only all-payer or Medicaid-only rates. These are limited to Measure Bundles D3 and J1; and measures E1-232, L1-205, and M1-205.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Have a great weekend! Thanks,
Healthcare Transformation Waiver Operations
email@example.com | 512-438-2295*
*Please note new office phone number