Good afternoon Region 2,
The following items are of special interest:
• All RHP 2 performing providers who are reporting in the DY6 October cycle should have received an email from HHSC entitled “October DY6 DSRIP Reporting and Hurricane Harvey Reporting Exceptions”, which included a large (5MB) excel template.
o If you did not receive this email and are eligible to report now, please let the Anchor team know and we’ll get the template over to you.
o If your organization chooses to utilize HHSC’s offer of provisional approval of metrics due to the storm, that template is to be completed and submitted back to HHSC via the mailbox (TXHealthcareTransformation@hhsc.state.tx.us) by Tuesday, October 31st – this file is not to be uploaded into the online reporting tool.
o The template shows at the individual metric level what accommodations may be available.
o If you are not requesting to use the provisional approvals, no action is necessary.
o As a courtesy, if you choose to submit the template to request the provisional approvals, please copy me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that our office has a record of the request as well.
• Reminder: HHSC’s cut-off dates for questions are as follows:
o Category 1, 2 and 4: Wednesday, October 25th
o Category 3: Friday, October 20th
• Please see page 2 of the Anchor notes regarding formatting issues in the Sustainability template needed to complete your M-4.1 deliverables. HHSC has uploaded the corrected template to the online reporting tool (it will say Version 2 at the top), though they did not change the revision date in the bulletin board list of available files. If you have downloaded the template already and are not seeing any issues, you are free to continue to use that one.
• Please also see page 2 of the Anchor notes regarding a glitch in the Category 3 template. Some providers in the state have been getting errors in the calculated achievement percentage when they populated the numerator and denominator. As of now, HHSC has not uploaded the corrected template. If you have already started and your calculations appear correct, you are free to continue to utilize the version of the template you currently are using. HHSC has said that they will attempt to notify directly those providers who appear to be impacted by this error.
• Notifications on new Category 1, 2 and 3 efforts for compliance review by Myers & Stauffer LC (MSLC) will be issued shortly. MSLC is aware that providers are not to be asked to deliver any compliance-related responses until the DY6 October reporting cycle closes.
• HHSC stated that the negotiations with CMS are ongoing.
• The feedback window regarding Category C now closes on Monday, November 6th. The links (one for the introduction, 23 for the hospital and physician practice, one for local health departments and one for community mental health centers) are in the attached email.
• HHSC has added a Minimum Point Threshold calculator to the online tool; that Excel file and its accompanying PDF are attached for your convenience.
Susan Seidensticker, BSIE, MSHAI, CPHQ, CSSBB, PMP
Director, Waiver Quality Operations
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
Shearn Moody, 9th Floor