The UTMB Employee Advisory Council (EAC) exists to foster bi-directional communication and dialog for all Classified staff, Administrative & Professional (A&P) positions, and Non-Teaching staff, excluding residents. The Council, which is sponsored and endorsed by the Office of the President, works to promote a positive and collaborative work environment that is committed to assessing, prioritizing and communicating employee needs. It also serves as a focus group/advisory panel by providing a feedback loop on broad issues and potential new programs that can impact Classified staff, A&P positions, and Non-Teaching staff, excluding residents. For the purposes of representation on the council, the university is grouped in four large segments: Academic Enterprise, Correctional Managed Care, Hospitals and Clinics, and Institutional Support.
The EAC is looking for 4 candidates to replace members who have completed their commitment to the council. Our thanks go to the following members who have completed their commitment: Frank Valiulis, Souby George, Kevin Moore and Mary Schlobohm
Nominations will be accepted from October 3, 2016 – October 21, 2016, with elections starting November 1, 2016 and concluding November 20, 2016. To be placed on the ballot as a nominee for the 2016 elections, complete the following steps:
- Visit the EAC website at https://blogs.utmb.edu/EAC and review the EAC Bylaws
- Provide a brief biography that describes your role at UTMB (less than 300 words) and a statement about why you want to serve on the EAC. Include all your contact information (phone numbers, email, your department and employee ID#). Please provide in a word document.
- Provide an up to date professional digital photo of yourself to be placed on the site for review from your peers. Please send in jpeg format.
- Supply a statement of support from your supervisor/manager indicating your ability to devote
3-5 hours each month for the three year commitment period to the council.
- Email your biographical information, statement of why you want to be elected, supervisor endorsement and your digital photo to Frank Valiulis (email@example.com) by deadline date of October 21, 2016.
Please note: Your biographical information must be a word document and your digital photo in a jpeg format.