Below is a list of the candidates for the Fall 2016 Elections. More information on each of them can be found under this tab, by clicking on the sub-tabs associated with their university area (or you can click on their names below).
|Lori DeWillis||Academic Enterprise|
|Maria Garcia||Academic Enterprise|
|Melodi Moore||Academic Enterprise|
|Emi Whittle||Academic Enterprise|
|Sharon Chapman||Hospital and Clinics|
|Gopakumar Manikandeseril||Hospital and Clinics|
|Kristi Morgan Turner||Hospital and Clinics|
|Tameka Paris||Hospital and Clinics|
|Sandra Powis||Hospital and Clinics|
|Alicia Stewart||Hospital and Clinics|
|Patti Jones||Institutional Support|
|Joel McDonald||Institutional Support|
|Truc Phuong Tran||Institutional Support|
|Angie Rozycki||Institutional Support|
|Matt White||Institutional Support|
Here is more information about how and why these candidates were selected:
The UTMB Employee Advisory Council (EAC) exists to foster bi-directional communication and dialog for all Classified staff, Administrative & Professional (A&P) positions, and Non-Teaching staff, excluding residents. The Council, which is sponsored and endorsed by the Office of the President, works to promote a positive and collaborative work environment that is committed to assessing, prioritizing and communicating employee needs. It also serves as a focus group/advisory panel by providing a feedback loop on broad issues and potential new programs that can impact Classified staff, A&P positions, and Non-Teaching staff, excluding residents. For the purposes of representation on the council, the university is grouped in four large segments: Academic Enterprise, Correctional Managed Care, Hospitals and Clinics, and Institutional Support.
The EAC is looking for 4 candidates to replace members who have completed their commitment to the council. Our thanks go to the following members who have completed their commitment: Frank Valiulis, Souby George, Kevin Moore and Mary Schlobohm
Nominations were accepted from October 3, 2016 – October 21, 2016, with elections starting November 1, 2016 and concluding November 20, 2016. To be placed on the ballot as a nominee for the 2016 elections, the candidates below completed the following steps:
- Visit the EAC website at https://blogs.utmb.edu/EAC and review the EAC Bylaws
- Provide a brief biography that describes your role at UTMB (less than 300 words) and a statement about why you want to serve on the EAC. Include all your contact information (phone numbers, email, your department and employee ID#). Please provide in a word document.
- Provide an up to date professional digital photo of yourself to be placed on the site for review from your peers. Please send in jpeg format.
- Supply a statement of support from your supervisor/manager indicating your ability to devote
3-5 hours each month for the three year commitment period to the council.
- Email your biographical information, statement of why you want to be elected, supervisor endorsement and your digital photo to Frank Valiulis by deadline date of October 21, 2016.
Please note: Your biographical information must be a word document and your digital photo in a jpeg format.